This recipe is a twist on an old standard: eggs Benedict, healthy style. This “healthy hollandaise” sauce is made mostly of Greek yogurt, with a little lemon, touch of butter, and some Matcha for an unexpected kick.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Juice from 1 lemon (~ 3 tablespoons)
- 1 ½ tsp Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Around 1/4 cup warm water
- 8 eggs
- 4 whole grain English muffins
- Chives for garnish
- Edible flowers or other toppings for garnish, if desired
- Melt ¼ cup butter. In a bowl, mix together ¼ cup melted butter, 1 cup Greek yogurt, juice from 1 lemon (~ 3 tablespoons), 1 ½ teaspoons matcha, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon honey, and ¼ teaspoon kosher salt. Mix thoroughly to combine. Add warm water a few tablespoons at a time to thin out the sauce, up to ¼ cup.
- Poach 8 eggs. Toast 4 whole grain English muffins. Thinly slice the chives.
- To serve, place poached eggs on English muffin halves, drizzle with sauce and garnish with chives.