Fried Matcha Cheese Bread
- Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha 1 tbsp
- Cream Cheese 3.5 oz
- Dried Fruit 1 oz
- Thinly Sliced Bread 8 pcs
- Oil (for frying)
- Granulated Sugar
- Set the cream cheese out to soften. Chop up the dried fruit.
- Sift the Matcha into the softened cream cheese and mix.
- Mix the dried fruit into the Matcha and cream cheese.
- For maki sushi style preparation, place each piece of bread on some plastic wrap or, if you have it, a sushi mat. Spread some of the cream cheese mixture in the center of the bread and then tightly roll it.
- For cheese puff style preparation, spread a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture all over one side of each slice and then roll it into a ball, tucking the spread side to the inside.
- Heat the oil (350 degree oil will yield the best results) and carefully place the bread into it, frying until it turns golden brown.
- Roll in granulated sugar to coat while still hot.