Matcha Chocolate Chip Rice Cookie
(Makes about 20 cookies)
- Flour (Rice or All Purpose) 3/4 cup
- Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha 1/2 tbsp
- Baking Powder 1/4 tsp
- Butter 4 1/2 tbsp
- Egg 1 med. egg
- Sugar 1/3 cup
- Chocolate Chips 1 oz
- Sift the matcha, baking powder, and flour together.
- Allow the butter to come to room temperature and stir until creamy. Fold a portion of the sugar (about 1/3) into the butter. Repeat until all the sugar is incorporated and smooth.
- Beat the egg and mix in.
- Fold in the sifted ingredients.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and allow to rest.
- Roll small balls of dough in between your hands, place on a cookie sheet, and lightly flaten.
- Pre-heat the oven to 340 F. Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 300 F and bake for about 10 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven, place on a rack to cool, and enjoy their crunchy texture!